Well, the lush days of Summer and Fall have left us officially here in the Northwest (no more lovely flowers on the side of the road) and snow has started falling surprisingly early in the season. So I am inside today starting my Thanksgiving prep. The menu is relatively simple this year – and is safe for our gluten-free and dairy-free guests (oh, and a peanut allergy):
- shrimp skewers with soy dipping sauce (for some of our seafood only guests)
- dates wrapped with turkey bacon rolled in brown sugar and broiled
- vegan cauliflower soup with fresh truffles
- roast turkey (of course) which I would like to try to brine this year
- vegan mashed potatoes
- vegan sweet potato galette with maple and ginger glaze
- vegan green beans with shallots
- vegan brussels sprouts (my family LOVES their veggies)
- gluten-free stuffing (my grandmother’s recipe)
- dairy-free pumpkin custard with soy whipped cream
- gluten-free pecan pie
- homemade vanilla ice cream (for my husband who has no particular food concerns and loves ice cream)
Whew! Well, now reading it over it sounds like a lot!!! Luckily, I won’t be cooking alone and my mom is co-hosting with me. I will be sure to post pics of the table (I have some really clever ideas), and recipes after the whole shindig winds down.
I would love to hear about your menus – please feel free to share in the comments section of the posting.